ACTION FOR HEALTH
Health is a top priority, whether it is the health of employees, subcontractors or the local population. The organization is there to limit health risks through various actions such as training to improve health culture, and implement AREVA standards.
The organization in place aims to limit the health risks to which its employees may be exposed. In terms of occupational health, and thus in terms of regulations, employees are the responsibility of their entity of origin, so they have to establishe an internal policy, this is a way to ensure practices are harmonized in this area.
Health organization in Mongolia
Quality of life in the workplace, risk prevention and the health of employees are regularly assessed and form part of continuous improvement initiatives. All possible measures are taken to promote exemplary behavior among employees.
According to AREVA Policy a health management system has been implemented at AREVA Mongolia sites and is regularly adapted to the project stages. Occupational health stakes are periodically assessed and the organisation is consequently improved to protect workers' health. In case of any sanitary issue, a medical structure is implemented on site and if necessary, medical evacuation measures are defined.
COGEGOBI is maintaining a permanent healthcare service on its Dulaan Uul exploration camp. The camp is equipped with a fully equipped medical room, to handle first aid emergencies, where medical officer gives advice. The company also provides medical support for medical evacuations. Medical evacuation plans are made based on an assessment of local health infrastructure capacities.
A commitment to good health at work
Protecting the health of our employees requires comprehensive risk management. The prevention of risks that may affect the health of our employees takes place at several levels:
- Medical check-ups are held on an annual basis for all permanent and temporary employees.
- Vaccination monitoring for employees, with voluntary vaccination campaign held by the company, in accordance with current Mongolian regulations as the Law on Immunization (2000).
- A first aid certificate training is organized once a year jointly with an external organization (2014 jointly with Red Cross organization).
Awareness raising campaigns on key public health issues in Mongolia are also provided on various topics. Every year “Sport event” is organized on our site with the participation of our companies and contractors in order to support healthy life. We reinvested in the sport- fitness club on the site. In Ulaanbaatar, our staff has the possibility to exercise some sports in the contracted sport hall.
TRAINING TO IMPROVE HEALTH CULTURE
Training courses delivered include:
- initial and update first aid courses;
- awareness-raising on sites about local public health issues as well as health risks such as HIV, hepatitis B and tuberculosis;
- awareness-raising about other local health issues such as nutrition, sport, balance between work-life and well-being, and basic hygiene.